The Amazing Spider-Man (video game) Edit
In the Scorpion's biography it was mentioned that, along with the blend of human and scorpion DNA, a black substance from space was added into the creature that would become the Scorpion. This black substance bears a resemblance to the Symbiote that would later become Venom.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (video game) Edit
While not making an appearance "Project Venom" is mentioned in Ravencroft Institute as a drug to test on prisoners, it's possible that they had duplicated and used the same black substance that was injected into the now dead Scorpion. One particular usage of the Venom drug resulted in the creation of Carnage.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Mobile Game) Edit
When Eddie Brock had discovered that Oscorp were giving weapons to gangs, they captured him and used him in one of their experiments, thus turning him into Venom. Venom faces off with Spider-Man but is eventually defeated. He reveals to Spider-Man what had happened.
- His appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Mobile Game is similar to his Spider-Man 3 incarnation.
- A Venom film was in the planning.
- In The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (video game), J. Jonah Jameson sends Peter Parker a message stating that his sources mentioned Ravencroft Institute testing drugs on inmates and nicknaming it "Project Venom". Near the end of the game, Spider-Man faces off with Carnage after the symbiote was bonded with Cletus Kasady.
- Chris Zylka (who plays Flash Thompson) had expressed interest in his character becoming Venom in the Venom movie. Finn Wittrock was also considered for the role of Venom.
- In the alternate final trailer of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the trailer shows a scene of Gustav Fiers walking pass Vulture's wings, and we soon see a small, black, liquid substance contained a floating ball like container. Many fans speculated this to be Venom. In the film, the symbiote was replaced with the Rhino armor.
- Unlike in other media, Venom triggers Spider-Man's spider sense, detecting him as a threat. The reasoning is because Spider-Man has never worn the symbiote before in this storyline.