|The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
May 2, 2014
"In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past."
Previously, The Amazing Spider-Man director Marc Webb has said that he was unsure that he would return to direct its sequel, but it has been confirmed that he will. Columbia Pictures has also announced that James Vanderbilt will be penning the sequel.
Columbia Pictures has confirmed that Marc Webb will be directing the Amazing Spider-Man sequel.Star Trek writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, and Fringe writer Jeff Pinkner wrote the screenplay, based in part on a draft from The Amazing Spider-Man scribe, James Vanderbilt.
In an interview, Webb has said that the film's script is completed and that shooting would begin in January of 2013. However, later, Webb stated that filming would begin in the upcoming February instead and would take place in London. When the filming began, Webb released a small TASM 2-related pictures each day on Twitter. One picture in particular led to the speculations of famous Spider-Man villain Venom being in the movie and being portrayed by Dane DeHaan, the actor playing Harry Osborn. Even DeHaan once tweeted something that caused fans to debate whether or not he will play the villain.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
- Jamie Foxx as Maxwell "Max" Dillon/Electro
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Colm Feore as Donald Menken
- Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
- Felicity Jonesas unspecified role
- Paul Giamatti as Aleskei Sytsevich / Rhino 
- Sally Field as May Parker
- Martin Sheen as Ben Parker
- Campbell Scott as Richard Parker
- Embeth Davidtz as Mary Parker
- Chris Zylka as Flash Thompson
- Denis Leary as George Stacy
- Brian Haley as Phil Watson or J.Jonah Jameson (rumored)
- B.J. Novak as Alistair Smythe
- A hint toward The Amazing Spider-Man 2's villain was revealed within the first movie's post-credits scene, when a mysterious man spoke with Curt Connors in a mental asylum.
- Actor J.K. Simmons has said that he is willing to play J. Jonah Jameson (chief editor of the Daily Bugle) in the second film if the studio lets him. However, nothing has been said of the issue from Webb or the studio. It may be a good choice, as Simmons has played (and was well-awarded for playing) Jameson in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. Webb has commented on the issue, saying that anything can happen.
- It was once unclear whether or not Garfield was to return as Spider-Man, but it has been confirmed that he will.
- Stan Lee says he wishes to have a bigger cameo in this film than he did in the first, even telling Webb that he would like to have a bigger role in the plot, saying, "[My cameo] was alright, but it wasn't big enough. You refer to it as a cameo. Couldn't we think of it as a leading role? ... Now, I'll admit, I was great doing that little thing and walking away and stamping the books. People haven't stopped talking about it. But, I think in the next one, maybe we ought to go a little deeper and probe the real me. ... People are still talking about that cameo and saying, 'Why wasn't it longer?' Why couldn't I have stamped more books?" However, it is likely that Lee was joking about the leading role talk, but he will still probably remain a spot in the movie as a cameo appearance.
- It is also possible Lee may make an appearance as the fictional character by the name of simply Stan, similar to what he did in the first film.
- Spider-Man universe villain Electro was once only rumored to appear, but he's now been confirmed. Two actors were in talks to play him, Homeland actor Damian Lewis and Ray actor Jamie Foxx, but Foxx gained the role.
- After not being chosen for the role of Electro, Lewis was in talks to play Norman Osborn for the film, but the role was taken by actor Chris Cooper as of February 27, 2013.
- Foxx has stated to Entertainment Tonight that he likes Electro as a character and is excited to portray him.
- Foxx also said that the costume for TASM 2's Electro will not be green and yellow (Electro's most well-known color scheme in comics) due to the look being too silly to use in a darker-toned film series. Instead, the film's costume will be more influenced by the "Ultimate Marvel" version of Electro, which does not don the green and yellow either.
- Electro's suit has been revealed to "be black," according to Foxx. This will represent the Ultimate Electro more than the classic in the film.
- Electro's origin story has been revealed by Foxx himself, and it appears that it will differ from the Electro fans knew from the classic comic books.
- Lee and Webb stated that Spidey may take on new Web-Shooters in the film. Additionally, Spider-Man's suit will change almost completely to make it look more similar to the original version; Webb has said that the studio may even make the eyes bigger.
- Multiple actors for the role of Harry Osborn were being considered, and the role was confirmed to be played by Chronicle actor Dane DeHaan.
- Actor Martin Sheen, who played Ben Parker in the first film, has confirmed he will return for the second. However, it is unknown whether or not he will return in the film in a flashback, since he was murdered in the first.
- It was first rumored, but then confirmed that the character Mary Jane Watson will be played by actress Shailene Woodley in both sequels. Additionally, Kirsten Dunst (former Mary Jane actor in the original three Spider-Man films) has stated her approval for the actress.
- After short talks, actor Paul Giamatti will be playing the villain Rhino in the sequel; the same character that was featured in the video game.
- Famous Spider-Man villain "Venom" (the symbiote in TASM universe) is hinted to appear in the film by a picture Webb tweeted on Twitter. It is also hinted that Dane DeHaan, the same actor playing Harry Osborn, will play the villain. 
- On February 15, 2013, Marc Webb released posted a video that shows a brief glimpse at what may be Spider-Man's black costume from the comics.
- Actor Colm Feore (featured in another Marvel Entertainment film Thor) has been confirmed to portray a role in the film, but the role itself is unknown. He has been rumored to play Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn's father and CEO and founder of Oscorp Industries.
- Actress Felicity Jones is to have a role in the film, but it is currently unknown who she will play. It is rumored by many that she will play Felicia Hardy as the "Black Cat," especially due to her name being so similar to the character's.
- Actor Brian Haley is said to play Phil Watson, Mary Jane Watson's father, in the film by IMDb, however, the actor nor the role is confirmed.
- Electro's appearance was finally revealed by Webb, as he is seen walking like a zombie through Times Square.
Behind the Scenes
- The film's working titles were London Calling and Untitled Columbia Pictures Project.