|Real Name||Aleksei Sytsevich|
|Movie|| The Amazing Spider Man 2
The Amazing Spider Man 3 (TBA)
|Game|| The Amazing Spider-Man |
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Mobile)
|Status|| Alive (Films)|
Unknown (Video games)
- "Never! I crush you, I kill you! I destroy you!"
Aleksei Sytsevich is a Russian mobster. After he was broken out of prison, Aleksei was given a mech suit by Oscorp Industries and dubbed Rhino.
Aleksei Sytsevich, along with a number of other criminals, stole a truck of plutonium. After destroying much of Manhattan, Aleksei was finally stopped by Spider-Man and incarcerated.
Sometime later, Aleksei was approached in prison by Gustav Fiers, subsequently being broken out and given a mech suit to rampage through Manhattan in.
Video Game ContinuityEdit
This version of The Rhino first appeared in the video game based on the first Amazing Spider-Man film as a cross-species before it was announced he would be in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Unlike all of the other cross-species, which were created after Curt Connors terrorized the city as the Lizard, Rhino was the result of a pet project of Connors' direct superior, Rajit Ratha. As Connors and Peter Parker worked to develop the serum that would ultimately turn Connors into the Lizard, Ratha applied what he had learned through Connors' research to black-market dealings. Without the knowledge or consent of his superiors at Oscorp, Ratha forcefully enlisted the help of Michael Morbius, threatening to end the reclusive biochemist's career if he refused to help. Morbius reluctantly complied, applying the rhinoceros DNA with which Ratha supplied him to a cross-species serum similar in nature to Connors' own for the Lizard.
Ratha's next step was to test the serum, and his underworld clients were all too happy to provide his oblivious human test subject: a low-level thug named Aleksei Sytsevich. If it worked, the Mafia would have a new weapon on its hands; if not... no great loss.
After an excruciatingly painful transformation, Sytsevich was now a hybrid of man and rhinoceros, ready to tear apart anything in his path - Ratha's clients would be pleased. Unfortunately for the corrupted businessman, however, his own life was taken by the Lizard before the transaction could be completed. Morbius would soon claim that he created Rhino entirely of his own volition, with help from Connors' notes. Also, knowing that animalizing a human crossed an ethical line even at Oscorp, Morbius furthered the lie to suggest that Rhino was in fact originally a rhinoceros that was infused with human DNA. Only Sytsevich knows otherwise.
After the breakout of all the cross-species at Oscorp, the Rhino was found in a parking lot, surrounded by cars and trucks: things he loved to smash. Spider-Man found his way to the lot and fought him which resulted in the wall-crawling superhero slamming him through the pavement. Days later, Spidey would hear of reports of incidents and disturbances in the sewers. No doubt it's another cross-species, Spider-Man thought, and he was right. The Rhino was back, and the two battled it out once more before Spider-Man threw him into an electrical pit, and Sytsevich hasn't been seen since.
While visiting the home of Kraven the Hunter Peter is shown a room of his latest trophies. These trophies turn out to be Scorpion, Iguana and Natte; cross-species Peter had battled before. However only two managed to escape and not get killed: The Rhino and Vermin. Where they could be after surviving Kraven's hunt is unknown.
Meanwhile J. Jonah Jameson gives Peter the job of finding evidence of some form of battle armour the Russians have managed to acquire, it turns out this armour is Oscorp's Rhino battle suit, hinting that the Russians plan to have one of their members use the suit at some point in the future.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Mobile Game)Edit
Spider-Man first encounters Sytsevich during Chapter 3, trying to make a getaway on a helicopter. He is stopped by Spider-Man, but soon returns as the boss for Chapter 3, located in Central Park. Sytsevich now brandishes a laser sword, but is still taken down quickly. Spider-Man tells Sytsevich, "Leaving so soon? I thought we could go to the movies later, buy some popcorn and call it a day." Sytsevich then swears he will have his revenge on Spider-Man.
Later, after Spider-Man beats Electro for the 2nd time (Chapter 7), Sytsevich resurfaces for the second time, as the boss for Chapter 8. Sytsevich tells Spider-Man he got out so quickly through a high-tech lawyer (possibly referencing Otto Octavius) and also got the Rhino armor through him. The first boss fight against Rhino has him standing up and shooting at Spider-Man. After Rhino is defeated the first time, he retreats so Spider-Man has to take out his goons. The second boss fight Rhino is now more invulnerable being that he's on all four robotic legs and will frequently charge at Spider-Man. Spider-Man beats him by making him shoot his missiles at himself. Sytsevich then angrily calls him a "WEBBED DURAK!" and Spider-Man is surprised at his rude language.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Aleksei Sytsevich does not possess any superhuman powers. Nonetheless, his high-tech battle armor provides him with superhuman strength, endurance, durability, and a variety of onboard weapons.
- Superhuman Strength: The Rhino possesses extreme superhuman strength The suit enables him to crush concrete with ease, and penetrate steel vaults rather easily.
- Superhuman Speed: The Rhino can, despite his large complexion size, run and or exercise at top-notch speeds hence he can, while charging or ramming, appear at his destination rather quickly although he can't move nearly as fast as speedsters.
- Superhuman Durability: Within his suit, the Rhino's body is highly resistant to physical injury. He can withstand high caliber bullets without sustaining injury.
- Rhino Armor: The Rhino wears a high-tech Armor with various high-powered weaponry within the Rhino Armor. These include ...
- Machine guns
- Iron Horn (Used as a defense)
- According to Director, Marc Webb stated that the Rhino's scenes will be only for 4 minutes.
- Giamatti confirmed that Rhino will return in The Amazing Spider-Man 3.
- The battle with Rhino leads to the sinister six in The Amazing Spider-Man 3
- Aleksei appears at the very beginning and the Rhino appears at the very end of the film.
- The Rhino that appears in the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series has the same appearance as the Rhino from the video game continuity.
- This version of Rhino is a combination of the mainstream and Ultimate portrayal of Rhino in the comics. He has the background and name of the mainstream Aleksei Sytsevich but the Rhino exo suit is more akin to the Ultimate universe's Alex O'Hirn R.H.I.N.O.
- His alias is not listed in the credits.
- In the first battle with Aleksei, if you see closer he has rhino boxers which foreshadowed him turning into the Rhino.
- "Big boy, huh? Does Aleksei scare you, little boy?"
- "NEVER! I crush you, and kill you! I destroy you!""
- "I'm a killer!"
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Mobile Game)Edit