Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “This isn't how I imagined I'd die, looking at my son and seeing a stranger.”
- ―Norman Osborn[src]
Little is known of Norman Osborn, other than that he had a debilitating disease called 'Retroviral Hypodisplasia' which killed him. Dr. Curt Connors' and Dr. Rajit Ratha's experiments with lizard DNA were an attempt to cure him, until Connors used the serum on himself, transforming into the monstrous Lizard. After the Lizard was destroyed (for the first time), Connors and Ratha quit their works, and Connors was thrown into a mental institute. Currently, there are no known cures for the Osborn illness, and it is unknown if anyone is even attempting to find a cure.
Norman's son, Harry, returns after years away in boarding school and visits him in the hospital, where by this point Norman is in very poor health. Norman explains to Harry that his illness is genetic, and that he is at the right age where it begins to show. Before he dies, Norman gives Harry a device saying it is his life's work. The next day, it is reported that Norman had passed away.
Deleted Post-Credits Scene
There was a post-credits scene in The Amazing Spider Man 2 but it was deleted from the final cut. The scene shows Gustav Fiers walking through the Special Projects and going to Door 3. There, you can see Norman Osborn's frozen head. Gustav says "Wake up my friend" Norman opens his eyes. Also, when Norman passes away, you see the nurses rushing in to cover up his body. One of the nurses is pushing a rack with a jar on it. That could be the jar where Norman's Osborns frozen head was placed.
- For unknown reasons, Chris Cooper wasn't credited for his appearance as Norman in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Osborn, in other Spider-Man media, takes on the identity of the Green Goblin, a famous Spider-Man villain. However in this universe its his son Harry who first takes on the identity of the Green Goblin.
- It is rumoured that Norman may have come back as the Ultimate incarnation of the Green Goblin.
- Chris Cooper had stated that Norman's appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would be the introduction to the character, and a return in The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be on the cards.