Of all the cross-species to come out of Oscorp, only Iguana was never claimed as a creation of any of the company's scientists. That's because its true creator, Curt Connors himself, had no idea that one of his own former experiments would evolve into the fearsome Iguana.
Connors' go-to lab animal, an iguana he referred to as “Iggy", had weathered so many odd experiments over the past few months, it was a wonder the small reptile was still alive. Somewhere along the way, Connors had injected Iggy with a formula that appeared to have no effect at all. And it didn't – at least not in and of itself. What this particular injection did manage, however, was to serve as a catalyst that slowly warped and mutated intended effects of other experimentation upon the animal for months to come.
Shortly after Connors became the Lizard, all of his lab animals were temporarily set free to roam in the tank that would eventually house another cross-species named Vermin. Then, days later, Iguana revealed himself in all his seven-foot glory. No one had remembered placing an iguana of any size in the tank, much less one larger than most human beings.
As it turns out, after gestating for months, all of the strange science going on inside Iggy’s body had come to a head in the course of a couple hours, morphing him into the remarkable being terrorizing Manhattan today.
When Peter Parker snuck into Oscorp with Gwen Stacy, Iguana was unconscious in a Containment Unit. When Scorpion detected Peter's radioactive blood and broke out with the other cross-species, Iguana escaped.
Iguana was spotted in Central Park by a few news teams, where he was initially mistaken for his creator, Doctor Connors, in his Lizard persona. Spider Man arrived on scene to contain Iguana, but he was quickly scared off by the first in the Spider Slayer Series. Due to the S-Bot's massive size, Spider Man couldn't give chase.
Almost a week later, Spider-Man went to rescue Henry Harper, the district attorney who had been kidnapped by a small gang and taken into the sewers. Upon arriving, Spider-Man encountered Iguana, who had been hiding in the sewers during the cross-species incident. He was quickly defeated, and Henry Harper was rescued safely.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
- Iguana like all cross-species has the combined proportionate strength of animal and a human combined making him stronger than any humans.
- Iguana also has animal like reflexes giving him super human speed and agility like much like Spider-Man's.
- Iguana unlike other cross species also has the power to telepathically control other Infected/cross-species near him to do his bidding.
- He also has the ability to send a shockwave like scream out of his mouth.
- And can also project balls of acid from his mouth up to certain long distances.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the comics, Curt Connors created an enervation that helped remove the Lizard condition that was in his system and tested it on an Iguana, which then became a mutated creature with the memories of the Lizard.
- In the comics, Iguana has the ability to speak but doesn't in the game.