|Movie|| The Amazing Spider-Man|
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
|Game|| The Amazing Spider-Man |
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (mentioned)
- “What makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it precious is that it ends.”
- ―Gwen StacyThe Amazing Spider-Man 2
- “I thought it was brave what you did out there. Stupid, but brave.”
- ―Gwen StacyThe Amazing Spider-Man
Gwen Stacy stopped Flash Thompson from beating up Peterafter he refused to take a picture of another boy getting bullied. As she went up to Flash, she mentioned how she was disappointed by his tutoring session with Gwen the week prior. Gwen and Peter then became romantically involved where she then invited Peter to a family dinner. After they went outside, Peter kissed Gwen while revealing his secret identity as Spider-Man.
When the Lizard planned to use reptilian DNA to turn the entirety of New York into humanoid lizards, Gwen helped Peter stop his plan by getting an antadote to replace the reptillian serum. Peter called Gwen while she was at Oscorp saying that she was in danger. She evacuated everyone out of Oscorp and waited for the antadote to finish.
When the Lizard came, Gwen hid where she was later found but unharmed who took what Gwen had with her. After the Lizard leaves and the antadote finishes, she runs out to her father, George Stacy and told him to give it to Spider-Man as she then went into the police car.
After her father was impaled by the Lizard, Captain Stacy's last words was a promise for Peter to keep Gwen out of the action he has to face. Peter ended up not showing up to her father's funeral saying that he couldn't see her anymore, because she could get hurt. Later at school, he said that he wouldn't keep to that promise so he and Gwen were able to see each other.
- “You're Spider-Man and I love that. But I love Peter Parker more.”
- ―Gwen StacyThe Amazing Spider-Man 2
Video Game Continuity
After the Lizard's defeat and her father's death, Gwen refused to forgive Connors. Instead, she buried herself in work, moving Oscorp's robotics division under the tutelage of the chivalrous and intelligent Alistaire Smythe. Still, she suspected something was up at Oscorp and snuck Peter in one evening to help her check things out. Little did she realize that Peter's arrival would spark a riot among Oscorp's remaining cross-species specimens and her infection with the cross-species virus.
Though sequestered to quarantine within Oscorp Tower, Gwen fought off her illness as best she could, as she did what she could from her position to help Spider-Man save the day. Whether updating Spidey on the level of contamination, hacking into computers, or reprogramming Smythe's robots to do her bidding, Gwen was on it. As dust settled and the city was cured, Gwen remembered how much she loved the guy behind Spider-Man's mask. She now visits Peter almost every day at his aunt's friend's apartment.
- Gwen is one of the few people to know Spider-Man's true identity; the others being George Stacy, Curt Connors and Green Goblin.
- Gwen's death was inspired by the comic, The Night Gwen Stacy Died.
- The differences from the comic is that besides on the Brooklyn Bridge, her death takes place in a clock tower next to the bridge.
- When the clock started spinning, it landed on 1:21 which was the comic issue "The Night Gwen Stacy Died".
- Instead of Norman Osborn killing her, it is Harry Osborn, his son. Both still are the Green Goblin personal.
- Instead of breaking her neck, she hits her head on the ground which causes her death.
- Gwen is absent from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (video game) adaption of the movie, although she is mentioned. She doesn't appear during Spider-Man's fight with Electro or is killed due to the Green Goblin.